Share This Print This
Click here for a printable PDF of this page.
Philanthropy...what is it?
Philanthropy is the giving of one’s time, talents or treasures.
Philanthropists...who are they?
Philanthropists are all around us. They are the people who participate on boards, donate goods/services to non-profits or make a monetary contribution. All three types of people are necessary for the success of any organization.
The Power of Endowments
An endowment is a fund held by the community foundation whereby the principal (gifts) to the fund are never spent; only the growth on the fund goes back into the community in the form of grants. For donors, a gift to an endowed fund may help them achieve their charitable and financial goals. For the nonprofit grant recipients, a gift to an endowed fund means they can continue to provide the services community members require.
Ten Reasons to Give
- We are a local organization with deep roots in the community.
- Our professional staff has broad expertise regarding community issues and needs.
- We provide highly personalized service tailored to each individual’s charitable and financial interests.
- Our funds help people invest in the causes they care most about.
- We accept a wide variety of assets and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving.
- We partner with professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantages for most gifts under the law.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever and help create a personal legacy.
- We are a community leader, convening nonprofit agencies and coordinating resources to create positive change.
Donors may opt to make gifts to the Foundation by utilizing one or more of the methods below:
- Cash/Check/Credit Card
- Marketable Securities/Appreciated Stock/Mutual Fund Shares (Click here for stock donation form.)
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Real Property
- Insurance Policies and Proceeds
- Retirement Assets
- Planned and Testamentary Gifts